Saturday, December 9, 2017

"This Is A Love Song..."



Just Like A Woman 
As performed by Nina Simone

She takes just like a woman
Yes she does
And she makes love
just like a woman
and she aches
just like a woman
But she breaks
like a little girl

Nobody feels any pain
tonight as I stand inside the rain
Everybody knows
that baby's got new clothes
Lately I see her ribbons and her bows
and the problems
from her curls

She takes
just like a woman...
Yes, she does
And, she makes love just like a woman
And she aches just like a woman
and she breaks just like a little girl

It was raining from the first
everybody knows I was dying of thirst
So I came here
a long time's curse
and what's worse
is this pain here
I can't stay in here
Ain't it clear
Ain't it clear

I must admit
I believe it's time for us to quit
When we meet again
bein' introduced as friends
please don't let on
that you knew me when
I was hungry
and it was your world

I take
Just like a woman...
Yes, I do
And I make love just like a woman
And I ache just like a woman
But I break just like a little girl


Modfied from original lyrics written by Bob Dylan



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.