Saturday, October 14, 2017

"The Truth About Who We Are..."


Bryce, Scenic and Media Designer, New York City
by thegaymenproject
photos by Kevin Truong











Bryce, in his own words: "Being gay means that I am: me… I suppose? In an ideal world me, being gay wouldn’t be a large part of my life, but alas it is. It means I’m honest with myself and truthfully, I find it hard to compare it to something or really know anything different. It’s normal. A constant.

I think because we are gay (or counter to the “norm”) we are subjected to the idea that we are different, somehow. Lady Gaga has really tapped into that market. [Her motto of: I’m different, you’re different…we’re the same! drives me insane.]

Now, I’ve had my share of glee and heartbreak, but nothing that isn’t relatable to our other straight counterparts. I am honestly no different then my straight male friends except- in our preference of gender.

Nonetheless, being gay is about honesty with myself and the people around me. I don’t try to hide it anymore- I just do me. And I hope that everyone else gay or straight, just does them. Because what’s the fun in being something you are not?

I am 22 years old.

I am a scenic and media designer.

I live in New York City.

And I am gay."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.