Monday, September 11, 2017

"The Truth About Who We Are..."


Richardo, Graphic Designer, Jakarta, Indonesia
by thegaymenproject
photos by Kevin Truong

Richardo, in his own words: "Being gay for me is like a nature call. It comes from the deepest part of your soul. Some people can live with it, but some can not. Just like any other superheroes that have a special ability, they can show it, but they also can hide it. We can't say that being gay is a choice, but to declare that "I'm gay" is a choice, and that's not easy. No matter if you are gay, bi, or hetero, you'll always be like that. No one can change and judge you. Some people can happily live with it, but some cannot. It depends on how they see theirself and how people around them can accept it.


The greatest challenge in my life is to discover who you are, and trying to beat all the levels in your life. You know, sometimes it's hard for us to get out from our comfort zone. Being who we are when many people are trying to see us as a threat, unusual, or worse- a freak. But that's life. People can talk bad about us, they don't know who we are, just let them speak and do what you love.


Until now I still haven't come out to my parents. But I think they already know about who I am. But well, my mom always supports me, she's liberal enough, not like my dad. But I'm trying the best I can do to make them happy. I will show them that I can be someone someday and they will be proud of me no matter the sexual orientation that I have.


As always, be who you are. Love each other. When the world hates you, do not hate 'em back. Spending so much time throwing negative energy is useless, use it to build a better you. :)"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments may be moderated and will appear within 12 hours if approved.